Today, August 1, the second stage of the implementation of the state program to provide housing for Ukrainians whose homes were damaged or destroyed as a result of the armed aggression of the Russian Federation begins.
From now on, homeowners whose homes were destroyed will be able to apply for compensation to purchase a new apartment or house. You can do this through the Action application.
Only single owners of housing that:
can receive compensation
◾️ Destroyed by hostilities after February 24
◾️ Not recoverable
◾️ Located in unoccupied territory and not in the zone of active hostilities.

How to apply?

  1. to begin with, you need to submit an information notice about damaged and destroyed immovable property (if it has not already been submitted);
  2. after that submit an application for compensation, using the service isRecovery in the application Action:
To submit an application, you need:
  • select the preferential category, if any;
  • provide contact details;
  • order a criminal record certificate in Diya.

Submitted applications will be considered by a special commission created by local self-government bodies. The same commissions will examine the destroyed housing and make decisions on providing compensation.

It should be noted that the possibility of submitting an application for receiving compensation will be opened later through Tsnap, a notary and a social security body.

The compensation itself will be provided to applicants in the form of an electronic housing certificate. It can be used to buy housing in the primary or secondary markets, or invest in future real estate.

The next stage in the development of the aid program will be the payment of funds for the construction of a new private house on one's own plot of land. The appropriate mechanism is currently being developed by the Ministry of Reconstruction.

The compensation service for destroyed property was developed by the Ministry of Community Development, Territories and Infrastructure together with the Ministry of Digital Transformation with the support of the USAID / UK aid project TAPAS Project/Transparency and accountability in public administration and services  of the World Bank.

Additional information can be obtained on the website of the program isRecovery in the section "Destroyed housing"  or by contacting the special government hotline 1545 (button 2), or chatbots of the Government contact center at the link:

Telegram – https: //

Facebook –


"Government contact center" in Viber

You can also contact Diya's support team by sending a message on Diya's Facebook, Telegram and Viber pages.

Source of information — Ministry of Reconstruction .